Who we are
Our commitment to protecting your privacy
- The ENGIE ANZ Group comprises Australian subsidiaries of the ENGIE SA Group and other Australian entities in which ENGIE SA holds majority ownership interest. This includes entities that are Australian subsidiaries of International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Ltd (which are held 72% by International Power Ltd. and 28% by Mitsui & Co., Ltd.).
- ENGIE SA is a public limited company with capital of 2,435,285,011 euros, entered in the Nanterre Register of Companies under number 542 107 651)
- The ENGIE ANZ Group’s head office is located at Level 33, Rialto South Tower, 525 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia.
Types of information we may collect
- The ENGIE ANZ Group is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) (Privacy Act) and the requirements for collecting and managing personal information.
Purposes for which information is collected and held
- Personal information includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified or a reasonably identifiable individual.
- The type of personal information the ENGIE ANZ Group collects may depend on the type of contact you have with us. This may include the following types of personal information:
- For Employees: types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former employees. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with employees. Health information is collected with the consent of the person concerned, from that person or by obtaining a medical assessment for that person.
- Contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts: types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts.
- the user’s server address;
- the user’s top level domain level, (e.g., .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the date, time and duration of the user’s visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the details of the software used by the user to enable access to the site (their browser);
- the address of any website that linked the user directly to our site; and
- if the user emails us, the user’s email address and details of the software used to send the email and the path travelled by the email (as per all email messages).3 If the user provides information that can personally identify him or her it may be used by the ENGIE ANZ Group for the purpose of providing any services the user has requested. Users of the ENGIE ANZ Group”s information systems should be aware of the inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet generally.
- Like many other websites, “cookie” technology is used on the ENGIE ANZ Group’s website. “Cookies” are small files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. The cookie does not obtain any personal information about users or provide us with any way to contact users, and the cookie does not extract any information from the user’s computer.
- Telephone conversation recordings: personal information contained in recordings of telephone conversations between representatives of ENGIE ANZ Group members and representatives of businesses with which an ENGIE ANZ Group member may deal or trade, collected at the time of those telephone conversations. This information is principally collected because the terms of some commercial transactions ENGIE ANZ Group members enter into become legally binding during telephone conversations between an ENGIE ANZ Group member’s representative and a representative of the ENGIE ANZ Group member’s counterparty.
- Members of the public: personal information provided by members of the public collected for the purpose of sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations.Information technology data: information disclosed by personal users of the ENGIE ANZ Group’s information technology systems (which are typical systems which store data) including the ENGIE ANZ Group’s website at www.ipplc.com.au identifying the personal user in some way and collected in the ordinary course of the use of such systems by users. When a user visits the website a record of the user’s visit is made and the following types of information may be recorded:
How information is held
- ENGIE ANZ Group members collect and hold personal information for the purpose of conducting their businesses.
How we may use information
- Information may be held on paper and electronically. Information is stored in data storage systems which permit lawful access by only those officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers of ENGIE ANZ Group members who require access to the information to perform their functions. The information is destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer useful or it is unreliable and cannot be corrected (but not before the end of any period for which an ENGIE ANZ Group member has a statutory obligation to hold the information).
When we may disclose information
- Each ENGIE ANZ Group member only uses these types of information for its or the ENGIE ANZ Group’s business needs. These business needs include meeting statutory obligations, assessing compliance with law, policies and contracts of ENGIE ANZ Group members, making payments and of course communicating with the individuals concerned. ENGIE ANZ Group members may also use personal information collected from members of the public in sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations.
Quality of information
- Sharing information within the ENGIE ANZ Group Information, including health information, is shared between ENGIE ANZ Group members. In limited circumstances, disclosure of information is also made to ENGIE SA and its subsidiaries.
- Sharing information with others who assist us in providing services. The activities of ENGIE ANZ Group members are achieved with the assistance of consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers. A ENGIE ANZ Group member may disclose personal information to these third parties in the course of the performance of their duties and subject to equivalent privacy commitments.
- Disclosures required by law or during emergencies. It is conceivable that in an extreme situation – e.g., in the case of a health or safety threat – personal information could be disclosed if that is otherwise permissible or required under any law.
Rights of access and correction
- Personal information is not used or disclosed unless, relying on its internal practices, the relevant ENGIE ANZ Group member is confident that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time we may ask an individual to verify that the personal information we hold about the individual is correct. Individuals should let us know if they discover that personal information we hold about them is incorrect, whether or not we have asked the individual to verify its accuracy.
What we do if we no longer require the information
- An ENGIE ANZ Group member will allow an individual access to personal information about the individual except to the extent that it is entitled to deny access under privacy law. If you want access, please contact the ENGIE ANZ Group’s privacy officer (see below). The ENGIE ANZ Group member will correct any such information which the individual establishes is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
This policy may be updated
- An ENGIE ANZ Group member will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information that it no longer needs for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed.
- If you would like further information, or if you have any comments or concerns, please contact the ENGIE ANZ Group’s privacy officer:
General Counsel ENGIE ANZ
Level 33 Rialto Tower South
525 Collins Street MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Ph: +61 3 9617-8400